Our aim is to ensure that all aspects of food and drink in school promotes the health and well-being of pupils, staff and visitors.
The Beacon is wholeheartedly committed to the Government’s Nutrition Strategy for School Meals and abides by the recommendation of the School Food Plan 2013. Our goal is to help pupils of all ages enjoy balanced meals, containing good sources of protein and starch accompanied by vegetable, salad and fruit, whilst ensuring those pupils with developmental learning, sensory, behavioural, medical and physical needs are properly catered for.
For information on how to pay for school meals, please go to the payments page.
Free School Meals
You can apply for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of, and can provide the relevant proof of, one of the following benefits :
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190);
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Find out more and apply for free school meals on the KCC website.