The Beacon, Folkestone is more than just a school, providing support and guidance to a wider body of SEN provision through our cooperative trust partners KSENT and the CLASS teaching school alliance. Our Board of Governors has a clear ethos of providing outstanding provision.
Our goals are to:
- set the strategic directions in which our school is to develop;
- ensure a robust management structure and strong succession planning is in place;
- oversee prudent financial management and ensure that money is well spent;
- monitor and hold the senior leadership to account for:
- ensuring excellence in all aspects of our educational provision;
- maintaining the highest levels of safeguarding;
- monitoring the physical and emotional well-being of pupils and staff;
- continuously improving all aspects of our teaching and outreach.
We welcome looking outward to our partners to both, share and adopt, outstanding practice.