Extended school activities start at 3 o’clock and finish at 4 o’clock. The clubs listed below are charged at £3.50 per session and payment should be made online on Pay360.
Our current list of extended school activities is as follows:
- Badminton/Tennis club – Primary and Secondary – This club is a fantastic opportunity to learn a new skill and improve coordination and fitness levels. Improves motor skills. Badminton/tennis is a healthy sport that can help Pupils socialise and communicate better with each other. Children who play badminton/tennis would benefit from it in respect of their brain development.
- Basketball club – Secondary – Helps to improve motor coordination, flexibility, and endurance. It also encourages speed, agility, and strength. These skills have a positive effect on promoting a healthy body weight and encouraging more physical activity, which can enhance cardiorespiratory fitness and self-esteem.
- Soft Play – Years 1 and 2 – This is a very successful club. For younger years, the emphasis is on physical activities and the games to improve skills and fitness.
- Football club – Secondary – Regularly taking part in aerobic activities such as Football, has shown to increase brain development in all areas, decrease stress, and promote concentration and boost confidence, within children. Children acquire skills to communicate and connect with each other when playing football as part of a team. Playing a team sport gives them the ability to be well integrated as well as to have friends. Moreover, through this sport, they acquire conflict management skills as well as the ability to respect others. In other words, Pupils learn to be socially dependent.
- Multi sports club – Secondary – This club is a fantastic opportunity to learn a new skill and improve coordination and fitness levels. The type of sports sampled will be Basketball, Handball, Cricket and much more.